Our core purpose is to preserve and present HMS Warrior 1860 as the world's first modern battleship, to explain her influence on warship design and to demonstrate life at sea in the Victorian Navy.
- To preserve
- To interpret and display
- To educate
The Trust is governed by a Board of Trustees that has the responsibility for HMS Warrior and her collections.
The Captain, Cdr. Tim Ash RN, is responsible to the Board for the ongoing preservation of the ship and for the day to day activities of the Trust.
The Trust employs 32 staff, supported by 56 volunteers, in the following key areas:
- Technical and Preservation Services
- Interpretation and Display
- Education, Curatorial and Visitor Services
- Development, Fundraising and Communication
- Corporate Hospitality and Events
- Finance and Personnel